A Dream Becomes Reality
The Seton Breast Care Center opened its doors in February 2014, thanks to generous volunteers, donors and Pink Army members who raised more than $6.5 million dollars to make this center a reality. More than 1,000 individual donors contributed to this effort. A special piece of art entitled 'Where Hope Takes Flight' resides in the new Breast Care Center, incorporating the fingerprints of many of the donors and volunteers who put their mark on the center, leaving a legacy of love for all who follow.
We are forever grateful to our talented and committed Campaign Steering Committee and our generous Pink Army members and donors for their support!
About the Center
Offering comprehensive care for breast health services in one location, the Seton Breast Care Center is located at Seton Medical Center Austin. The center combines the latest medical technology with personal attention and support for all patients.
Among the imaging services offered is digital 3D mammography (tomosynthesis). This new technology provides a higher quality image, with greater detail than traditional digital mammography. The center also offers breast sonography, bone density scan, and breast 3T MRI. Stereotactic breast biopsy will be offered after March 31.
For patients diagnosed with breast cancer, nurse and patient navigation services offer support throughout the patient’s treatment. These services are organized into three different stages:
- Information about treatment – should breast cancer be diagnosed, oncology nurse navigators answer questions and support patients and coordinate care.
- Screening and diagnostics – screening navigators explain procedures and results and offer breast health education.
- Survivorship – RN navigators are available to educate patients about maintaining health after treatment.
Other services available to patients and their family members include physical therapy, nutritional, and spiritual consultations.
- relaxing spa-like lounges and waiting rooms
- private dressing rooms complete with comfy robes
- Seton Breast Care Center boutique
- nutrition classes and one-on-one counseling
- postoperative exercise classes
- yoga classes
- lymphedema therapy
For more information, visit the Seton Breast Care Center web site.